What is it that ultimately most people want? To feel confident? To feel accomplished, loved, financially secure? To be healthy, happy? The answer is all of the above and if we had time for a brainstorm I’m sure we could come up with a few more that most people would nod their heads to. So the question really is – what do all of these things have in common? This is where the conversation gets juicy (and political). My mind races with all the thoughts I want to contribute to this question, and then I remember that here at gentSac we’re about keeping things simple, and starting great conversations, (conversations you can have in store with us or you can even have in your head – with me) – so in short, I think that holistically speaking – what these have in common is that they are:
- Intrinsically linked
- Can be determined by the environment in which we were raised
- Can change and improve by choice & with support.
2020 – 2021 were at moments a blur, a string of anxiety filled dark clouded days, a chance to pause (and breathe), an opportunity for reflection, reimagining, re-evaluating and re-alignment. The one thing I have truly come away with after a challenging 2 years is believing that I have more influence on all of those things than I have ever given myself credit for, and if that’s true for me, it’s true for you.
If our actions (and outcomes) are ultimately driven by our thoughts and subconscious (the dialogue that determines our choices) – then it’s really about time we have more conversations about how we can support each other to think the thoughts that help us believe we can do/be/live in true alignment with our soul and make the choices that support our wildest dreams.
So what does skincare have to do with any of this?
Well, skincare, or any self-care/grooming for that matter ultimately represents your investment into yourself and creating habits that prioritise you and your mindset – cultivating a more confident, healthy, happy you.
Maybe read that again and fill in the gap on the part you want to cultivate.
So – here are 3 reasons having a skincare routine supports success (and wellbeing):
- The ritual of cleansing and moisturising your skin is not only healthy for your skin errr wash away sweat, pollution etc…. Hydrate skin to prevent fine lines…. It is a moment in our morning and evening that subconsciously tells ourselves – ‘I care about you, I have time for you, I love you and I want the best for you’ – this kind of inner dialogue is the building block and foundation for anything great we want in our life.
- Following on from point 1 – A skincare routine represents a certain type of mindset. Mindset definition being ‘the established set of attitudes held by someone’. Think about this for a min…. (and continue that conversation in your head with me)
- Following on from point 2 – it is a choice. It is an attitude towards yourself, for yourself, and if everything you want is built on the choices you make and the habits you cultivate, it is supporting you in a healthy habit that also happens to help you have a fresh face. #thatsawin
What if going forward our measure of success (and wellbeing) was not so much about what we achieved, how much we attained, or how far ahead we were getting – but more so measured daily by the choices we were making and how much our choices were aligned with who we want to be in this world.
We can win everyday with the choices we make, and may that be the mantra for 2022.
If you do decide to invest in a skincare routine – we’ve made it super easy for you – choose from some of our pre-made Australian skincare kits here and #supportlocal or view a range of routine based kits here.
If you’re considering a gift for someone who could use a little support in this department check out our popular gifts here.