All refund rights under both State and Commonwealth law apply.
Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and failure does not amount to a major failure. If the failure is minor, we reserve our right to offer to repair only. We reserve the right to not offer a refund or an exchange coupon. If the failure is major we reserve the right to pass on any liability to the brand responsible whereby we can follow up for the appropriate refund applicable.
Please read the following carefully to ensure you are fully aware of your rights under the policy and our obligations to you.
When you change your mind
- At gentSac you have 28 days to return your items (some exclusions apply) for a store credit or exchange as long as it is returned in a saleable condition with original proof of purchase.
- No refunds will be given if you change your mind and you purchased the product in a physical gentSac store.
- By saleable condition we mean that the item hasn’t been opened or used, is still in its original packaging and all manuals, packaging and accessories are included.
- If you can’t provide proof of purchase, you will be asked to provide identification for gentSac exclusive products, containing your full name. We will record your name and form of identification provided, and we’ll offer you an exchange coupon to the value of the current price of that product.
- If you can’t provide proof of purchase and the item is national branded we will be unable to provide you with an exchange coupon or refund.
Excluded change of mind items
The following items cannot be returned if you change your mind:
- Cosmetics (if hygiene seal is broken)
- Beauty products
- Gift cards
- Sale items
- Tester items
gentSac will accept returns and provide you with an exchange, store credit, refund (refund will be provided using original payment method) or repair where:
- The item is faulty or is not of acceptable quality, or
- The item is not fit for its intended purpose, or
- The product does not match the sample or our description; and
- You can present a gentSac receipt or other adequate proof of purchase
gentSac may elect to return the product to the manufacturer’s repair agent to determine the nature of the problem. We reserve the right not to offer an exchange, store credit, refund or repair where the item fault is a result of misuse or neglect.
Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair goods.
Strictly no exchanges or refunds on Sale or Tester items.
Physical gift card orders
Physical gift cards cannot be returned if you change your mind. They also will not be exchanged for another denomination or tender such as cash. gentSac will accept returns and provide you with an exchange gift card where the item is faulty or is not of acceptable quality. Please note that gentSac is not responsible for and is unable to replace gift cards which are lost or stolen.
Proof of Purchase
Returns, refunds, exchanges or repair requests must be accompanied by any one of the following proof of purchase documents:
- Original email or text receipt
- Online Tax Invoice (order confirmations will not be accepted)
- Financial Statement (i.e bank statement, credit card statement)
- Proof of purchase is the original gentSac receipt, bank, Afterpay statement.
For further information, please contact our us on 02 9267 2215